Make a note of the time it takes to drive past your store in busy traffic as well as fast moving traffic.
This will tell you just how long will your customer has to read your sign, make a note of the time.
- How many seconds in slow moving traffic?
- How many seconds in fast moving traffic?
- Traffic lights out the front, even better…
Give your motorists something to look at…
How far away will they see your sign?
Have someone in the car take photos of your shop, you can print these out so you can draw a mock-up sign or two.
How big or small will you need to make your words?
Go for a Walk…
Same as above, this time on foot.
Walk past your shop in both directions.
Take a walk around the block in both directions looking for the most visible spot to put your sign.
Make a list of the options.
Take a look at other shops in your area, where are they putting their signs?
Make a list of all the different types of signs.
Which ones stood out the most?
Make a note of the time it takes to walk past your store in busy traffic as well as fast moving traffic.
Action: Work out the following:
- How long will your customer have to read your sign, make a note of the time.
- Does your store get a lot of foot traffic?
- Does your store get a road traffic?
- Do you have a prominent area that’s not being used at all?
- Where is your sign going to go?
Wall, Window, Awnings, or Footpath?
If you have a wall above of beside your shop, this might make a great position for your sign.